We have reduced ValleyRide bus services and closed our public facilities as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. Read more about the service reductions and closures on our COVID-19 information page.
We have taken the following steps to help reduce the spread of the virus:
- Two weeks ago, VRT installed portable hand sanitizer stations at all public facilities, including Main Street Station in Boise, the Happy Day Transit Center in Caldwell, and the administrative offices in Meridian.
- Every bus in service is cleaned and disinfected every night. Cleaning crews are paying special attention to frequently touched areas, like handrails and seat backs.
- Security staff at Main Street Station are wiping down frequently touched areas such as handrails, elevator buttons, and door handles.
- Wiping down touch points at the facilities (e.g. hand rails).
- Bus operators have been provided with a bottle of disinfectant and a wiping cloth or disinfectant wipes to wipe down buses between route runs when possible.
- VRT has placed posters in the buses with information on how riders can reduce the risk of spreading disease through covering their coughs and frequently washing their hands.
- VRT staff will stay home if they feel ill.
In addition to the steps VRT has taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19, there are things you can do to protect yourself and others:
- If you are feeling ill, don’t ride transit.
- Practice social distancing.
- Cover your cough with your sleeve or with a tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- We encourage our customers to get information from reputable health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, for the latest COVID-19 updates.
Here are updates from other transportation providers:
All services of Boise GreenBike have been shut down.
As a precautionary measure, CityGo is temporarily suspending the delivery of member passes. Members may still order online or at Main Street Station and passes may still be picked up at Main Street Station.
Boise State University
Boise State University has made the decision to suspend all service of the Bronco Shuttle until further notice.
Boise State's Department of Public Safety will continue to offer security escorts on campus for students, faculty, and staff. For escorts please call 208-426-6911.
The Elder Street Park and Ride Shuttle will continue to run through April 17, 2020. A planned discontinuation of the service is set for April 17 and that will continue as planned.
Ada County Highway District Commuteride
Commuteride has grounded all vans except those transporting military, medical or infrastructure (e.g. power grid workers). All other vans are suspended until further notice. Members will be credited any pro-rated fares to their accounts to when their vans restart, unless you need to make a change. If you need to cancel a recurring payment, please contact:
- Karen Arnold at 208-386-6313
- Michelle Tang at 208-871-7665