Outbound Orchard/Overland is closed. No temp stop.
VRT and the COVID-19 Pandemic
Valley Regional Transit has been extremely proactive in developing ways to keep our riders safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. From mandating the use of face masks by riders and bus operators to disinfecting buses daily, we have implemented numerous strategies to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Updated Main Street protocols include:
- Signage to customers stressing the importance of face masks and social distancing
- Limiting elevator use to one person at a time
- Shutting down high contact touch points such as water fountains, vending machines, and key pad door access
- Touchless payment systems at customer service windows
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch pints multiple times throughout the day.
Updated fare payment protocols include:
- Clear protective shields between bus operators and riders
- Signage on the buses stressing the importance of wearing a mask
- Providing masks on the bus for riders that do not have one
- Encouraging the use of mobile ticketing
- Nightly cleaning of all vehicles
To learn more about VRT is doing during the pandemic, and what you can do to prevent the spread of the virus, visit our COVID-19 page.