Inbound Routes 7A,B stop on Fairview and Curtis is closed, temp stop placed 200' far side.
Transportation Assistance for Low-Income Residents
This program for low-income workers and operates during the hours Valley Regional Transit buses are not running.
The fare is a minimum of $3 per trip. VRT will pay up to $20 of the additional ride cost, but the participant is responsible for any amount above $23 in addition to the $3 fare.
Hours of Operation
9 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday
9 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday
9 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday
9 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday
9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday
9 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday
How VRT Late Night Works
In order to access this low-income transportation service, the rider must first meet eligibility requirements. There are several ways to qualify:
- Receive a referral from a local human service agency.
- Provide documentation (with your name on it) from Health and Welfare showing that you receive benefits.
- Provide a pay stub from the last 30 days or a letter from your employer that states you are employed and what your wages are.
Income Eligibility – based on 2019 Federal Poverty Guidelines
*For each additional person add $6,630 to the annual income
If you qualify, complete the following:
- Fill out and submit a registration form along with any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Form
- Provide VRT with your cell phone number
- Download Lyft and create an account
- Receive approval from VRT
- Activate the Lyft promo code in your phone
- Take a ride
Note that we have a few rules once riders are approved:
- A reasonable effort will be made by the program operator to provide seven-day notice of substantial changes to VRT Late Night. VRT Late Night is a pilot program and is subject to changes.
- Passengers will meet their driver at the agreed upon location decided via app or when booking through the VRT Help Desk.
- Riders will not share their Lyft code or VRT Late Night rides with other individuals.
- Riders can cancel their rides with an hour or more notice pf the pick-up time without penalty.
- Riders will not cancel their rides without an hour or more notice more than twice in one month or they may be suspended from the service.
- Passengers are required to conduct themselves in a manner that promotes positive interaction with other riders and the driver.
- Passengers shall help maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the vehicle.
- Eating or drinking aboard the vehicle is prohibited.
- The use or possession or transportation of any alcoholic beverage or any narcotic drug, chemical, or other substance in violation of the law is prohibited in the vehicle.
- Driver and passenger agree that the use, possession, or transportation of any firearms or weapons is prohibited.
- No smoking is allowed in vehicles at any time.
- Passengers agree to inform the VRT Help Desk if their schedule changes or the days/shifts they plan to use the service changes.
- Unless a prior agreement is made, VRT Late Night will not operate on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- Riders will comply with the operator’s terms and conditions or risk losing access to the program.
- VRT Late Night is a pilot program and will be available as long as funding is available.