Routes 2, 3, 4: The stop at the airport has moved to the general public traffic lanes on the lower loop of Airport Way. The stop is located from pillar 14 to pillar 17 at the end of the arrivals pick up lanes
Transportation Assistance for Low-Income Residents
This program for low-income workers and operates during the hours Valley Regional Transit buses are not running.
The fare is a minimum of $3 per trip. VRT will pay up to $20 of the additional ride cost, but the participant is responsible for any amount above $23 in addition to the $3 fare.
Hours of Operation
9 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday
9 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday
9 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday
9 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday
9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday
9 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday
How VRT Late Night Works
In order to access this low-income transportation service, the rider must first meet eligibility requirements. There are several ways to qualify:
- Receive a referral from a local human service agency.
- Provide documentation (with your name on it) from Health and Welfare showing that you receive benefits.
- Provide a pay stub from the last 30 days or a letter from your employer that states you are employed and what your wages are.
Income Eligibility – based on 2023 Federal Poverty Guidelines
*For each additional person add $5,140 to the annual income
If you qualify, complete the following:
- Fill out and submit a registration form along with any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Form
- Provide VRT with your cell phone number
- Download Lyft and create an account
- Receive approval from VRT
- Activate the Lyft promo code in your phone
- Take a ride
Note that we have a few rules once riders are approved:
- A reasonable effort will be made by the program operator to provide seven-day notice of substantial changes to VRT Late Night. VRT Late Night is a pilot program and is subject to changes.
- Passengers will meet their driver at the agreed upon location decided via app or when booking through the VRT Help Desk.
- Riders will not share their Lyft code or VRT Late Night rides with other individuals.
- Riders can cancel their rides with an hour or more notice of the pick-up time without penalty.
- Riders will not cancel their rides without an hour or more notice more than twice in one month or they may be suspended from the service.
- Passengers are required to conduct themselves in a manner that promotes positive interaction with other riders and the driver.
- Passengers shall help maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the vehicle.
- Eating or drinking aboard the vehicle is prohibited.
- The use or possession or transportation of any alcoholic beverage or any narcotic drug, chemical, or other substance in violation of the law is prohibited in the vehicle.
- Driver and passenger agree that the use, possession, or transportation of any firearms or weapons is prohibited.
- No smoking is allowed in vehicles at any time.
- Passengers agree to inform the VRT Help Desk if their schedule changes or the days/shifts they plan to use the service changes.
- Unless a prior agreement is made, VRT Late Night will not operate on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- Riders will comply with the operator’s terms and conditions or risk losing access to the program.
- VRT Late Night is a pilot program and will be available as long as funding is available.